Interview Skills Workshop: Notes & Resources
This is a living collection of resources that I share in my Interview Skills workshop to prepare Masters students in Singapore for the international jobs markets. It includes all the resources I refer to in the workshop and further reading. You may also find these Speaking, Executive Presence & Confidence resources useful
Next Public Interview Skills Workshop
The purpose of the workshop is for the students to learn:
- Understand the common interview types, uses and methods and how to prepare for them
- How to use the job ad or job description to prepare for the interview
- How to answer the common questions
- How to prepare for behavioral & situational interview methods
- Interview body-language & paralinguistics
- Self-management during the interview
- How to build the working relationship with the interviewer
- How to leave a first impression & last impression
Please use the comments section at the foot of the page to suggest resources you have found useful on this topic and I'll add them for the benefit of others.
The Behavioural or Fit Interview is a common component of the hiring process. Regardless of your skills and competencies, your performance as Interviewer or Candidate can still make a dramatic difference between success and failure.
While there are many great books and web resources on the subject, I could not find a simple tool to guide either party through the minimum preparation for a professional interview. So I built these tools.
Accadence also offers Interview Skills training in a one-to-one setting either face-to-face, or over Skype or Google Hangouts. From decoding the job description to post-interview debrief, you will get the training you want tailored for your needs and practice your interview technique until you are satisfied.
Prepare by making the first draft of your InterviewCanvas ready and bring your latest CV/Resumé, and ideally a Job Description for your target role or close to what you are aiming for.